Friday, January 20, 2012
Day 19
Day 19. Here is the most wonderful lady I ever had the pleasure of knowing for 32 years of my life. My Gran, Marjorie Sigurdson. Gran I miss you every day of my life. There are times that I want to pick up the phone and call you. I want to jump in my car and take a road trip to Cypress River to see you. But I cannot. It hurts my heart that you were taken away from me way to early. I love you with every single beat of my heart and that is how much I miss you as well. Some days I cry because I miss you so much and other days I laugh to think of the memories ~ oh the memories. The best memories I have is spending my summer holidays with you. Uncle Tom and Auntie Barb would babysit us since you had to work at the Cafe. I loved going to the Cafe and having a deep fried pizza pop, I can still taste them. I still smell the cafe. I remember the red carpet. Christa and I had the best times together at your house. you would only let us go for very short walks to the post office which really was only 2 houses or so away. When I look back now I see how much you spoiled us. Christa and I now that we are adults and have our own kids, we certainly see how crazy we made you sometimes. Your hair probably turned white from us two! some of my favorite memories where, blowing bubbles out of green onions (oh Gran that really did taste bad), playing with the old wall paper books for hours making dream houses, and you making us terrible glue to use on those projects. I remember you drinking coffee in the mornings and we couldn't say the word "coffee" or "gum" near Scooter your Chihuahua or she wouldn't stop barking until she got some. I remember your snoring oh it shook the house :), the many many many layers of wall paper on your little house wall! Watching your stories with you. We both were so sad when Another World went off the air. I loved when we we would call each other and talk about the "dirty bitches" on Young & The Restless. I miss your belly laugh, I miss playing cards with you, Rummy (I have not played since you died Gran, I can't even remember how!) Farmers poker, 4 kings in a corner and many many more. What about you with the Proclaimers CD, who know my Gran was really that cool? (I did). I could go on all night with the memories. There are many times that I stop because i smell your perfume, I will stop what I am doing and have a little chat with you. What I would give to hug you one more time, spend another night with you! Anything! But I also think I am glad you are not longer in any pain, and for that I am very grateful. I love you with all my heart. Love you forever and until we meet again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sweet memories! Glad we shared them together. I was trying to figure out where she was in the picture...but it was photo frame that was throwing me off...I was think who's house has that rock and rustic wood in the doorways...haha
ReplyDeleteTricia yes those are sweet memories. There is not a day that goes bye that I don't think of Mom
ReplyDeleteShe is greatly missed by us all.
Love Uncle Tom